Joint-stock company Explosia was established in 1998 as trading company with the scope of activities foreign trade with military material. In 2001 the management of AliaChem a.s. decided to prepare divestment programme for the segment of explosives of Aliachem a.s., Division Synthesia. Comencement of business activities of Explosia a.s. was conditioned on realization of non-cash deposit of Business Unit Explosia, the part of Aliachem a.s., amounting to 448 mil. CK into Explosia a.s., which was realized on May 31, 2002 , following the flowchart of CR Government Resolution N. 89 of January 23, 2002.
Objective of the project was, by means of further increase in Explosia a.s. equities, to achieve capital stock amounting to 1,165,000,000.- CK with the sole shareholder and to become fully state owned company.
In its autonomous economic activity, to start with June 1, 2002, Explosia a.s. followed up with tradition commenced in 1920 considering as one of its priorities keeping up its good reputation, built up in this special production field for long decades. Explosia a.s. prefers responsible care and protection of environment.
Explosia a.s. has implemented and certified Quality System according to ÈSN ISO 9001 Standard.